Last night was Grassroots’ 100th show at the Miramar Theatre. While I was in the building to see RockzSolid and Annie Mae’s set, I also was pretty eager to see Taiyamo Denku perform. He was scheduled to go on at 10, but didn’t get to actually go on until around 1 AM. I have to say that this was one of the most unorganized shows I’ve ever been to, and believe me I’ve been to my fair share of unorganized events (There was homemade pasta, though.) Denku was patient, as we endured a bill consisting of bellydancers, erotic poem/dance combinations, and a rap song about clean underwear, amongst several other grimace-worthy sets. And one lone guy awkwardly dancing without shoes through the Miramar. Denku killed it though. He blazed through 20 minutes of lyricism that was mostly, if not completely, freestyled. This was the end of his set: an acapella freestyle with some well deserved jabs. I’m glad I shot this performance, because more people than the 12 that stayed around until 1 AM need to see this.
- It just dawned on me that a significant portion of this decade will be spent by the next generation figuring out their front-facing camera. 14 hours ago
- Tuesday night baseball. I swear I'm only going to two back to back games. No more this week. @ Miller… instagram.com/p/nHLC3RQCwt/ 15 hours ago
- When people talk about their love for @jeffdunham, I die a little bit inside. I just needed you to know that. 19 hours ago
- Dilemma: Spider on the work desk, but only one Kleenex left & allergies are acting up. Solution: Sticky Note Death Machine. #KillItWithFire 22 hours ago
- Twitter makes me wonder dumb things like "Can I follow just Mel Kiper Jr.'s Hair?" and then boom - I discover that @melkipershair exists. 23 hours ago